Sunday, April 5, 2009

Boy or Girl?

Lately Annaliese has done nothing but talk about this baby. Talks to the baby, reads to the baby, sings to the baby. Apparentely she and baby even have conversations. She'll ask the baby questions, and she'll tell me what baby said. Must be during one of these conversations that the baby let her in on a little secret....that baby was a brother.

She insists baby is a boy. I try to talk to her that while this is possible, it is also possible it might be a sister. She insists firmly.....no....it's a boy baby.

She needs to be aware though that her older brother is seriously praying against this. Seems life has been good to him being the only boy for 9 years. He said he doesn't want to have to carry around a baby while he and dad go hunting. Because dad would want to take him hunting....so another sister would be great for him.

Big sister could care less one way or the other. She said she's known what it's like to have both a baby brother and sister, and while having a little sister has been more fun, whatever God chooses is good with her.

Well put!

If only Annaliese could feel this way, too.

I asked her yesterday that if the baby was a girl, would she still love the baby.

She said "Yes, I will still love the baby....

....like a brother...."

3 comments:

Becky said...

How cute!!!!

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...

WHOOOOAAAA...did I miss something...are you preggers? How did I miss this? Oh, yeah, I moved!!

CeCE