Or walk with me. Whatever you'd prefer. I'm talking about a 5K & 10K walk/run that's coming up on April 12th @ Messina Hof...and it's supporting Habitat for Humanity. More info here: http://www.runthruthevines.com/On this same day there will be another walk/run in Brenham called the Bluebell Fun Run. More info here:http://bluebellfunrun.com/
I'd really like to work myself up to the 10K, but from the looks of my current endurance I don't see that happening this time around. So I'm planning on the 5K, since I did one already...but I'm still going to work towards the 10.
I did a 5K a few weeks ago with some friends. It was a night time run called Glow, and was amazing. I've only worked myself up to run 2 miles continuously, so I wasn't sure if 3.1 would be possible. It took every "Go girl!", "You can do it!", and "You're almost there!" to get me to keep running, and I did, for the entire 3.1 miles. The feeling of crossing that finish line is indescribable. You have to experience it. What number you finished doesn't even matter. What does matter is that you finished.
I've decided I love running at night. It was cool with a slight wind. No sun beaming down on you. My face wasn't as red as a tomato when I finished. And most importantly - I wasn't self concious about my "jiggly legs". Yes.... my son pointed them out to me once when we were walking as a family. He said "Mom, your legs jiggle now when you walk. Cool. When did they start doing that?"
Hmmm...good question....I know they never did that in my younger years.....
His dad replied "Son, never, ever tell your mom, or any other woman, that anything jiggles on them."
I need to add a #14 to my list of why I love my hubby
And add muscle toning to my excersise routine.
Hope you'll join me for this run! {Or walk} :)
7 comments:
I would like to check our calendars of events and see if I can! I think that you would have to leave me walking....I haven't even thought of working up to a run and lately, I'm ashamed to say my treadmill and shoes have gathered a little dust!!!
Enjoyed the run with you! I hope to run in April but we will see. Daddy Boy has been working a lot and doing the E-pageant thing so there has not been a lot of free moments to train. Happy Running!
are you doing the 5 or the 10K? If you are doing the 5 I will do it with you...If you are doing the 10 I will sleep in!
I am so excited that you guys are into runs (& walks) now! Keep up the momentum and after I wean this baby, I will join you!! The races are SO fun!
let's all go to the winery!!!
I saw that bluebell is $30 now...steep!
Something just hit me... Bunch of Baptist at the winery! What are the drink stations going to look like?
Crowded :)
Post a Comment