Sunday, April 13, 2008

My little cheerleaders



I'm so glad my friend took a picture of this. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I ran a 5K this past Saturday that went near their home.



As cold as it was that morning those brave little cheerleaders, and their mom, went to sidelines to cheer me on, and the 600+ other people running. I felt like a star.

And I'll tell you something else....that cheering section kept me moving. As much as I wanted to stop and walk...even if just for a minute....I kept thinking to myself "No way...I can't be seen walking....they're here to see me run!"

We even had a motivational speaker amongst out group. He was running, and sweating, never losing a beat in stride. He was cheering everyone on, even as he ran by some that had started to walk. He would encourage them to pick up the stride again. He was 75 years young. How do I know that? He kept repeating it. As motivation I'm sure. {If a 75 year old man can do it, I know you young folks can!} I thought he was great.

Join me on the next one friends! You won't regret it!

Run for the Ring ~ Saturday, April 19th ~ http://traditions.tamu.edu/index.php?q=node/14
See Spot Run ~ Saturday, April 19th ~ http://www.cvm.tamu.edu/seespotrun/

5 comments:

alice said...

I'd love to join you but, well, I can't. No really. I have a good excuse... better than most, I'm sure. But if you are still 5K-ing in Sept./Oct., we'll make it a date! I'll be the slow one still trying to loose this baby weight!

I'm so proud of you!!!

Suzan said...

M.... i am in awe! I would love to join you too, but it is not in me...not now anyway!
You are a wonderful inspiration! both with this and your 'Debtors...' post! You go, Girl!! Thanks for encouraging me....

Becky said...

What fun! Hated I missed it...even for a walk!
You aren't doing both next Sat., are you?! I didn't look at the times. I'm sure if they're different, you will! yeah!

Anonymous said...

ugh ... wish i was a runner. don't know where to start.
GREAT JOB!

brickmomma said...

almost done with this credit card balance........then it will be pedicure and fun run time again!!