Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spoiled

No, I'm talking about my baby girl. I'm talking about me. I've realized that I've gotten a little spoiled. This whole coupon shopping thing has me rotten. See....I enjoy saving money. Really I do. But I like options. I want the option to spend my money where I want....save it where I can and splurge a little when I can. And if I've watched my pennies and saved them where I can then I know I can buy a few nice things and not break the budget.

Here's one of my favorite splurges:



For the past few months I have kept fresh flowers in my house. I'll stroll the floral section at Kroger and start digging around for the ones that have been marked down. There's just something about having fresh flowers in the house. Makes me smile every time I see them. :)

And I only spend around $3-$4. I buy a new bouquet every week or so. Love it!



Another little splurge:




Is it really a splurge if your veins are begging for it? This is really a treat, because I don't buy it often. But Alex and I love it so much that we won't brew anything else at home. Anything else is just not the same. And behold....there's a starbucks in Kroger that gives me my 10th cup for free. Make it a venti!!



A recent one time {ok, maybe two times} splurge:





This particular lady didn't come help clean my house, but she looks quite eager to do so. I needed some serious spring cleaning help. I finally gave in to pay someone and we both started spring cleaning my house. She worked on my living room for 3 hours. The windows shine, window sills and screens are clean, ceiling fans have no dust, dust bunnies had no hope, furniture is fresh & clean, walls and door frames have no handprints, and no kids are allowed in there for at least a month.


So here's the part where I spoil my baby girl....

I love shopping, but hate spending alot of money. The solution? Only buy on clearance with some of the money I save from couponing. And use a coupon for the clothes on top of the sale. This isn't even half of what I bought at 80% off, plus an additional 30% off that. Cute isn't it?

Speaking of cute.......



Had to throw these in here just for fun.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i love fresh flowers, too. i usually splurge on those from sam's. there was a time where i picked up tulips almost every trip! i recently saw an article for making the most of your flowers. use them all in a vase like you've done. as they die, keep putting them in smaller containers, even down to a teacup!

Suzan said...

i love the manager's specials at Kroger! Shan... I do that very thing! the bunch may shrink, but it is fun to enjoy it to the very end!
OK, Myrna, where o' where do you find coupons for clothes??