It's deer hunting season.
I don't get it.
I don't like it.
I have enough deer heads in my house. I'm to the point where I just do what any loving hunter's wife does.....roll my eyes, sigh and point to what wall the next one will go on.
But I did want to understand hunting.
So I decided to investigate it a little.
And here's a few things I learned:
You have to dress the part.

Boys are drawn to a fire and they never outgrow it.

A campfire is a VERY important part of hunting.

As is the rough housing and the jokes aimed at others expense.

Hunting is relaxing and exhausting at the same time.....

and you could sleep anywhere.
Another important thing I learned.....
To spot that deer
and have him at the right position
the right distance
and then you pull the trigger
and you know you hit him
is an amazing feeling.
But to know you shot
that perfect deer
and not being able to find it
that perfect deer
and not being able to find it
can make a grown man cry.
Happy Hunting
1 comment:
OK, that little A is the CUTEST little deer hunter EVER!!!!
Post a Comment