He accepted Christ in his heart on June 16th at pre-teen camp. The night he did this he called us, and it brought me to tears immediately. You see, I had been praying for this to happen. Not in the sense of how I pray for all my kids to one day accept Christ. But in sense of urgency that the Holy spirit placed upon my heart to pray without ceasing....for months. Months before this happened I prayed specifically for him, that God would reveal Himself to my son, that my son would see who God was, what Jesus did for him.
He had only asked a few questions in the years before actually making the decision. He asked what baptism meant, what the Lord's supper meant. But never any deep convicting questions. He's not even the type to be deep in thought. He's more the happy, laughing, joking all the time type. I wasn't sure what was going on in that mind of his. But God wasn't working on his mind. He was busy preparing his heart. He told us later that he had been wanting to make this decision for a while but just hadn't done it yet.
I wish I had been there when he did accept Christ, but God made sure that someone else dear to my heart and his heart was there.....his big sister. She said she prayed for him, was moved to tears when she saw him walking towards the front, and congratulated him with love and hugs. Ms. Brittany was there to pray with him and ask him all the right questions. God is so amazing!
And if you watched the video, yes, he actually did shoot a kangaroo. On his birthday last year. The roo is now a decoration in my living room.
1 comment:
Boo Hoo! Tears! Got em! His sis was there!!! I don't know why I am so touched by that but I am. You know, Myrna, I can already see fruit in that boy of yours. He is different. I see it in his eyes and I feel it when I talk to him. He's a good boy with a good heart and I love him! Way to go Mom and Dad!
:-)
Post a Comment