Happy 9th Birthday to my little man!


Here are my guys sporting their birthday gifts.
My son said this year he didn't want a party for his birthday. He just wanted to go huntin' with his dad. He would even invite his big sister along. So dad set up the hunt.....it would be himself, my son, his sister, his uncle and 2 cousins. They were going hog huntin'. And a huntin' party it was.
But he didn't shoot a hog.
You wouldn't guess in a million years what he shot.
Go ahead.
Try to guess.
A deer?
Nope.
A bear?
No way.
A skunk!
I wish it would of been a little skunk.
He shot this:

Can you tell what it is?
You're not looking at it wrong.
It's a KANGAROO.
I'm not exactly sure yet, but I'm sure there's something biblical against shooting kangaroos.
Something.
"Though shalt not shoot anything that uses a pouch to carry it's young"
I'm not completely against hunting.
I just don't understand it.
He was so excited. He says "Mom, he jumped up in the air and I shot 'em in the neck!"
I hid my true feelings and said "Man, what a good aim!"
And, well, all things aside....it was a good shot.
But seriously....
A kangaroo.
Poor Joey.
Just hopping along minding his own buisness...and
BANG!
What's he going to do with a dead kangaroo you ask?
Well, honor his life by having him stuffed....
So he can go on forever...(this is in my oldest child's words)
She's been hanging around those hunters too long.
I know one thing that will last forever...
This little boy will never forget his 9th birthday.

Note: In case you're wondering like I did where they shot this kangaroo without going to Australia.....there's a game ranch outisde of town that apparently has them roaming around, along with other types of "exotic" game.
4 comments:
Seriously. A kangaroo? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. I think I'm happy for your boy, but I'm with you... something wrong about shooting an animal that uses a pouch to carry its young... except maybe a possum. Don't they have pouches, too? But they aren't cute like kangaroos. What a memory!!
Uh oh! His Sunday school teachers owe him an apology! Or at the very least, some "respect" and recognition! Our lesson last week was on Noah and the kids played animal charades. Of course, Alex's animal was a kangaroo and he mentioned he shot one. We laughed and basically gave him a "yea, right" kind of nod... because, let's face it... your boy does like to "pull one over" on the old folks. He didn't press the issue and we went on with our game, never to think of the poor, dead kangaroo again... UNTIL NOW! Oh, just wait until I show Vince!
I'm so glad he got to experience that with his dad! What a special and WONDERFUL memory! And I'm pretty sure it is now in his blood and your freezer will forever be stocked with wild game meat...
I am pretty sure there is something in Exodus about shooting Kangaroos. You little ones need to watch more Winnie the Pooh videos.....poor Kanga. :o)
Princess Peep was talking about Joy-joy again today. We miss you guys!
So wild!! Pretty cool and you're right, won't ever forget that adventure!!
Post a Comment