Christmas morning was wonderful, sleep deprived and all. Alex and I went to bed at 6....in the morning. Not really so much by choice. We didn't get in from visiting family until 3am......again, not by choice.....can you say family drama? Anyway, once we got in we still had hidden presents to get out and wrap and put together. Of course hubby gets the assembly duty and I get the wrapping duty. As we wrapped and hammered we chatted, and finally our bodies said enough. Ashley gets up at 8am saying "It's Christmas! Come on mom, get up!", to which I say, "Honey, please do me a favor and just lay in your bed for a little while longer." I was thinking more like until early afternoon longer, but I knew that was asking too much. She falls back asleep and at 9 we finally all get up. Oh, the kids were so happy. My son says , "Mom, am I dreaming?". The kids are sharing their DS games, playing so happily. They play with my baby girl's kitchen, playing tea party with her. It was a sight for a tired mom's eyes. But...that only lasted the day. As we mom's know, we try to soak up those moments for we know that soon enough they will be gone. The next day it was "That's my game!", "Don't touch my tractor!", "Bubba, you make my baby cry!".
Ahhh, yes......Christmas only lasted the day......but what a joyous day it was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry about the drama!
We are still in hibernation. I need to shop for round 2 of fmaily Christmas, but not sure I want to break the spell of being home quite yet....
Take a nap!
Post a Comment