Here is a picture of my coupon binder. I'm not talking a little 1/4 inch binder. I'm talking a big mega 3" one. Complete with photo and card size holders to hold all my coupons and labeled tabs. The tabs are in the order that my favorite grocery store,Krogers, is arranged. For example, the bread & fresh produce is what I walk to first, so those tabs are first, then on to canned veggies, cereal, juice, etc. The side pockets I use to put any sale papers in which I've circled items.

And then I always carry with me what every avid coupon shopper must have: a calculator, coupon clipper, pen, notebook, and smaller coupon book.
That's a lot to carry, right? Yes, but it all fits perfectly in this:
I figured that if I was going to carry all this stuff around it was going to look cute.
So much work.......do I really even save that much money? Absolutely. I started around July of last year and just in 6 months I saved over $2700 and have an overflowing pantry with enough food to last months, and the same for laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, and toiletries. And I don't know about you, but there's a LOT more things I'd rather do with that money.
I have more canned food, cereal, peanut butter, jelly, frozen foods, box dinners, cake mixes, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, water & sports drinks to last a year. If a crisis hit today we'd be set. In that event I have a feeling I'll make some good money auctioning off some supplies. We even had to buy a big freezer to hold it all - and I even used a coupon for that!
My kids love it. They've even joined me in my coupon endeavors. Mainly because the enjoy getting the brand name cereal now. My son picked some coupons out of the trash, wiped them off, and brought them to me. Too bad they were the expired ones I just threw away. My daughter will snatch coupons that print on the self checkouts at Kroger - not from the one we're at....from all of them. At my house these little pieces of paper are treated like cold hard cash.
My kids love it. They've even joined me in my coupon endeavors. Mainly because the enjoy getting the brand name cereal now. My son picked some coupons out of the trash, wiped them off, and brought them to me. Too bad they were the expired ones I just threw away. My daughter will snatch coupons that print on the self checkouts at Kroger - not from the one we're at....from all of them. At my house these little pieces of paper are treated like cold hard cash.
So now every time I'm at Kroger and see someone checking out paying full price for their groceries I can't help but feel pity.......as I pick up the coupons they left behind. :)



11 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed!! I've seen others do it....I've heard the stories...but, I've never really understood! I just can't seem to do it!! I think you and KellyV need to teach a class!! I soooo need to learn!!
WOW! That is truly a skill...I wish I could learn to do that but maybe I need to try and devote more time to it.
You go girl! I had no idea! I agree.... classes are in order!
I need mylicon coupons! if you run across some, pass them on!!! please!!
Okay...in an emergency I know where I am going!! Forget the Gilletts I am going to the Lopez's :> Hey...you need to share the wealth !!
You go!!!
I need the coupon clipper.......I always tear mine!
FORGET THE GILLETT'S!! Wow... This woman is in need of treatment for an addiction and you want to FORGET THE GILLETT'S. I'll give you a coupon... 30 days, under supervision and medication in a straight jacket. Crazy woman.
All in favor of Myrna teaching a coupon class??
Yep, i second the notion of a class. I feel the same pity on the whole price shoppers when i price match. Yep i price match at walmart and some coupon clipping, that is so small, it doesn't compare to this...
Kaylene
It feels great doesn't it! It is so addictive, but it gives me such a rush to know that I got all the stuff I needed for my family and paid almost nothing out of pocket. In fact, my sister is coming to see me tomorrow and I am able to send her a huge box of items she needs that will save her several hundreds, but yet I literally paid nothing for them(all my out of pocket goes on a CVS giftcard). Way to go Myrna!
Ok, I will drive in from H town if you will teach a class....
do you do that grocery game.com thing??
CeCe
Post a Comment